WEEK 4 - 25/4/2023 No physical classes

 


This week there were no physical class so we continued to complete our assignment tasks which includes the seams and women and men's trousers.

I had started with the drafting of women's trousers. I followed the guide in the notes that was provided to us. The guide provided the front and bank of the trousers on top of the trousers which I had originally followed but then later changed it. I had trouble tracing the trousers as it was my first time.


Figure 1


Figure 2
The curves were especially confusing to sketch as it is different for various designs and required a certain technique to do so. Hence, I left the curve and decided to ask for advice during our next tutorial class. Besides that, the tracing went smooth and I had completed the men's and women's trousers accordingly.


I then started to finish up my seam exercises for final submission. I actually really enjoyed doing this as it required more technical and sewing work with the machine. Through this I learnt the various types of seams that I could use in my final garments. 


Figure 3
Plain open overlocked seam.
I overlocked the edges of 2 pieces of calico then sewed it straight down with a normal stitch.


Figure 4
Plain seam folded and overlocked.
Overlocked 2 pieces of calico together the sewed 1/2 an inch away from the edge straight down.


Figure 5
Plain seam finish with edge stitches.
Secures and neatens the raw edges of a plain seam to prevent raveling, by sewing over the raw edges or enclosing them in some sort of binding.


Figure 6
Overlocked edges.


Figure 7
French seam
Raw edges of the fabric tucked in and sewn. 


Figure 8
Mock-French seam.
Has two stitch lines that tucks away the raw edges. 


Figure 9
Flat-felled seam


Figure 10
Zigzagged edges

Figure 11
Pinked edges


Figure 12
Edge stitch


Figure 13
Double topstitch


Figure 14
Welt stitch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCD61304 Intercultural Design

Task 01: GARMENT DRAPING – BASIC TOP

FINAL PROJECT ( WEEK 9 - 14 )