WEEK 7 - 9 : FINALISING OUR DESIGNS FOR THE SHOW


 During this time, we created 10 different sketch designs from the texture manipulation samplings and from that 10, 2 of the designs were finalized to be used as our final project. One of my design was chosen for the show. After that, we began doing the manual sketches for the construction of the garment. 

Figure 1 
Sketches for the design



Figure 2 
Sketches for the design

Figure 3
Sketches for the design

Figure 4 
Sketches for the design

Figure 5 
Sketches for the design

Figure 6 
Sketches for the design
For the sketches of my design, I was inspired to do a more armour look or warrior that symbolises connection and strength. By this, I came up with jackets, long coats and others. For me, it looks strong and powerful which gave the impact I was looking for.
Figure 7 
Final 10 designs

THE 2 SELECTED FINAL DESIGNS FROM THE COLLECTION





After this, we started composing editorials on our mood board.


Figure 8
sample of mood board
I still needed to touch up my mood board and show it to Mr. JR for approval. It was lacking in my theme.
We then proceeded to the technical drawing of our designs. 
In this part, we traced a figure on a tracing pad and started by outlining the base of my Look 1. We were advised to do it by pencil first as it would be easier to correct and make changes if needed.


Figure 9


Figure 10
Initially, I had a long coat with certain complications to the design.


Figure 11
Due to the complication of the construction of the design, we had decided to simplify it to this. Which consisted of a side piece and a vest bodice for look 1.


Figure 12



 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCD61304 Intercultural Design

Task 01: GARMENT DRAPING – BASIC TOP

FINAL PROJECT ( WEEK 9 - 14 )