WEEK 8 - 11 : EXPERIMENTATION ON MEDIA (OVERLAPPING TECHNIQUE ON MARKER)


 We had started with task 3 trial on A3 size marker paper. I was unsure on how to start as it was not very easy to dio the overlapping technique on markers as some markers doesn't go well with this technique. But with Mr. JR's guidance I was able to figure out a way to tackle it. 



Figure 1 
This is the fashion editorial that I had chosen for my task 3.


Figure 2
I had started with the top part but wasn't really a fan of it as I couldn't find the right color combination that goes with the editorial.




Figure 3
Then I tried mixing a few color combinations into it and came up with these shades. I was satisfied with the outcome, but the overlapping technique was quite obvious, so I am still figuring out on how to correct it. 


Figure 4
 Passed the trial and was given permission to continue with the final submission on A3 marker paper. 



I had started on my final submission on the next week. I blended 3 colors together to get the different shades of purple. Going in a one-way direction in order to create an even overlapping technique. 



This is the final submission. I had added more shadows by using cool grey to make it look more realistic and finished. The shadows helped to bring out my design especially the jacket. The 'foldings' on the jacket required much touch-ups to create a finished look to it.

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCD61304 Intercultural Design

Week 1 4/4/2023 [LECTURE/TUTORIAL/PRACTICAL] - INTRODUCTION & BRIEFING