WEEK 12 - 14 : TASK 4 (MIXED MEDIA)


For our final task, we were introduced to mix media. Mix media illustrations include various mediums or material that has been emplyed in the artwork. For an example, paint, color pencils, etching with pen and also marker. That would include all the techniques and methods that we used in previous assignments.


THEME: HIGH FASHION (DRY & WET MEDIA) 



At first, I was testing out all the shades and colors that I wanted to include in my illustration. I started with the skin tone and tried to blend out the brown into a lighter shade. I then decided to go with the blue first instead.



I started with a base color with a light blue and did one coat for the entire body to start off.



I then went back with a darker shade of blue and added some texture to the top that gave more depth to the folds on the fabric.
After a while, I was told that my method of painting was not right and that I was doing it wrongly. I was advised to start a fresh to learn a better method. Mr. JR then guided me on how to start painting the right way. 


First, I started with the areas that had a darker shade of blue then by diluting the paint with very little water, 'wash' the blue to make it lighter and spread it throughout. I applied this technique throughout my illustration. 


I then went back to the areas that had more shadows and folds to add more depth to it making it look much more realistic. 


I did a layer of blue for the pants then layered it with another coat of black. 



I then started with the skin. I layed a darker shade of brown on the areas that had a shadow or was darker then the rest then washed it to make a skin tone color. The face was really tricky as it required a lot of concentration and attention to detail.


After laying out the base with paint, I decided to go in with color pencils for the eyes and lips by using the scrubbing technique that we learnt in task 2. I then went back with the color pencils with a light shade of brown for the skin to add more details to the face, eyebrows and lips. The cheekbones had a darker shade of brown so I added more to that and scrubbed it to give it a smoother look.





I added more details to the folds by using black color pencil to get a more realistic look. I also darkened the hair by using a darker brown then went over it with a lighter brown to give the streaks.



THE FINAL OUTCOME FOR TASK 4!
SUBMITTED ON 11/7/2023











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GCD61304 Intercultural Design

Task 01: GARMENT DRAPING – BASIC TOP

FINAL PROJECT ( WEEK 9 - 14 )